5 Things to Consider When Choosing High-Performance Windows
Windows provide many benefits to a home, including improved ventilation, light, and views. However, low quality and poorly insulated windows can be costing you comfort, energy, and hard-earned money. Most single-pane windows are not that reliable at boosting a home’s energy efficiency. That’s why if your plan is to make your home greener, installing dual-pane, high-performance windows is the best way to go.
Jones and Associates provides top-quality replacement windows in Lubbock, TX, and the nearby areas. To help you select the right energy-efficient windows for your home, we recommend considering these five factors:
1. ENERGY STAR® and NFRC Labels – According to the Consumer Energy Center, as much as 30% of a home’s energy costs can be attributed to poorly insulated windows. You can prevent this from happening by installing energy-efficient windows with ENERGY STAR® and National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) labels. Only windows that pass strict efficiency standards bear these labels. As the top window contractor in the region, we’re proud to say you can find these on all our units.
2. Frame Material – Replacement windows in Midland, TX, come in different frame materials, including wood, aluminum, and fiberglass. At Jones and Associates, we only use high-performance, insulated vinyl frames for our units. Compared with other options, they offer better insulation and energy-saving benefits.
3. Glass Coating – Most energy-efficient windows, like ours, come with Low-E coatings. They help keep homes warmer during winter by trapping radiant heat and cooler during summer by reflecting unwanted sunrays.
4. R-Value – It tells how resistant the window is to heat loss or conductivity. The higher the R-value, the greater its resistance to heat flow is. When purchasing windows, be sure to review their energy ratings first.
5. Gas Fill – Providing insulation between glass panes, argon gas fills are up to six times denser than air. They help block the flow of heat and cold throughout your windows.
Count on Jones and Associates for your next windows replacement in Odessa, TX. With more than 25 years of professional experience, we can make your home improvement project a success. Give us a call at (806) 686-1380 or (800) 658-2060 to learn more about our services today. You can also complete our form to schedule a FREE consultation. We look forward to working with you!