Are you a ‘real’ leader?
Leadership is more than a job. It’s a way of life that makes the difference in corporate bottom lines, in competitive environments, and in the face of external or internal personnel challenges.
Ritch K. Eich, author Real Leaders Don’t Boss (Career Press), offers these insights into the real role of leadership for any manager:
• Real leaders don’t boss. They are calm in their style, yet have zero tolerance for bullies, who, in any capacity, undermine performance and morale.
• Real leaders have a central compass. They aspire to do what’s right and to be a part of something bigger than themselves.
• Real leaders communicate with clarity, honesty, and directness, and they know how to listen.
• Real leaders have a unique makeup. Their passion translates into a strong corporate culture.
• Real leaders value and support everyone they lead, out front as well as behind the scenes.
• Real leaders know when to get out of the way.
• Real leaders are accessible. They are humble and easily approached.
• Real leaders know the difference between character and integrity, and why it takes both to succeed.